Courses for Credit
We at Long Island Orthotics & Prosthetics
The purpose of this 20 course series is to educate PT’s, PTA’s, OT’s and OTA’s on various aspects of upper and lower extremity prosthetics and to help strengthen relationships among Long Island Orthotics & Prosthetics and therapy groups on Long Island.
Prosthetics for Therapists™
- Prosthetic Overview
- Transtibial Prosthetics
- Transfemoral Prosthetics
- Prosthetics & Dermatology
- Microprocessor-Controlled Knees
- Lower Limb Prosthetic Outcomes
- Upper Extremity Prosthetics
- Upper Limb Prosthetic Outcomes
- Lower Extremity Gait Training
- Lower Extremity Gait Deviations
- Knee Disarticulation / Hip Disarticulation
- Partial Foot / Syme’s
- Revolutionary Prosthetic Advances
Orthotics for Therapists™
- Lower Extremity Orthotics Overview: Part I
- Lower Extremity Orthotics Overview: Part II
- Upper Extremity Orthotics Overview
- Spinal Orthotics Overview
- AFO Decision Making
- Current Trends in Pediatric Orthotics
- Current Trends in Geriatric Orthotics
- Neuropathic Foot
- Orthotic Trends in Sports I
- Orthotic Trends in Sports II
- Stance Control Orthotics
- Geriatrics OX
- Documentation for Therapists
- Continuing Education – Attendees will have the opportunity to earn a total of 20 continuing education hours that are approved by APTA and NYSPTA. The course list is expanding to cover other topics, which we will update.
- Location – At your facility. No need to travel – we come to you!
- Cost – FREE!
- Registration – Simply contact Long Island Orthotics & Prosthetics to schedule a date and time. We prefer early morning (8 a.m.) on weekdays but can conduct the courses during lunch if necessary. No food will be provided in either case.